7 Interesting Facts about Bangkok
If you have booked a cosmetic surgery appointment at the Naravee Aesthetic Clinic in Bangkok, you may wish to know a little bit more about this incredible city. Thailand’s capital city is also its largest with a population of 8.5 million people while the metropolitan area has an incredible population of 14.5 million! It was founded by King Rama I in 1782 and is one of the most interesting cities in the world. Here are some other fun facts:
1. The World Meteorological Organisation named Bangkok as the hottest city in the world. It has a remarkably consistent climate with the average high temperature exceeding 30 degrees Celsius for all 12 months! The average lowest temperature is a mere 22 degrees Celsius in December and January.
2. There are an estimated 500 Buddhist temples in Bangkok alone and around 30,000 buildings known as ‘temples’ throughout the country.
3. It is against the law to appear bare-chested in public and it is also illegal not to wear underwear!
4. Due to heavy urban development, the city is actually sinking at a rate of a couple of centimetres a year which makes it Thailand’s answer to Venice! Once upon a time, the huge numbers of canals made it look more like the Italian city though many of them have been paved over.
5. Unlike other major cities around the world, taxis in Bangkok don’t come in a uniform colour. Forget the London black cab or New York yellow cab; try the Bangkok hot pink, green or orange cabs!
6. The Chatuchak Weekend Market is one of the world’s largest as it covers 27 acres.
7. Bangkok was named as the world’s best city by Travel + Leisure in 2008 and has been ranked in the top 5 on a number of other occasions.
If you are interested in learning more Bangkok trivia, perhaps the staff at the Naravee Aesthetic Clinic can help you out as you pass the time waiting for a potentially life changing cosmetic procedure.
Please leave your inquiry below.